Chef & kitchen manager
Salary 20-24k, depending on experience.
Start date: 18th January
Outline of role:
- Full time, 5 days a week including 1 weekend day (only a half day and you’ll have one day off midweek). One full weekend off a month.
- Contributing to creating menus for hampers and shoot catering jobs, volunteering ideas for new seasonal product ideas.
- Ordering produce and stock control.
- Daily kitchen prep lists
- Ensuring the kitchen is kept to a high standard of cleanliness, carrying out and delegating cleaning jobs whenever necessary.
- Managing daily kitchen roles of a small team
- Performing daily kitchen checks, recording health and safety data.
- Good knowledge of HACCP and recent Level 2 food hygiene certificate is necessary.
Who we’re looking for:
Someone with kitchen experience who’s looking to kickstart a career in the food industry. A fast learner with a good knowledge of basic cookery skills. We’re a small team and are looking for someone highly organised who’s willing to jump in and take initiative to perform tasks. Good time management and an ability to work efficiently are key attributes we’ll be looking for. You’ll get to learn a lot about the ins and outs of running a food business whilst being allowed the freedom to make the role in your own.
We’re looking for someone who’s serious about the role and direction of their career in food. The hours are more sociable than a lot in hospitality but you will be required to start work early (6.30/7am) whenever necessary although this will never exceed 3 times a week and will generally be 1 or 2 times. We also tend to finish early a few times a week at around 2:30/3 and the weekend day is always a half day, finishing at around midday.
We are a growing business and would love someone passionate and creative to join the team to grow with us.
Please include link to any food blogs or pages you own.
Email CV and cover letter to email@example.comK