We are recruiting!
Pique is growing and we are looking for amazing new team members to grow with us.
If you'd like to apply, please email email@example.com with your CV, links to any food pages you have and a cover letter for why you think you'd be suitable for the role.
We are moving to our new kitchen and offices (currently being constructed) at the end of September, we will be based in Earlsfield so take that in to account as you will be required to do a couple of early starts a week (6.30/7am).
The ideal candidates will be a go-getter and happy to get stuck in to all tasks needed, however the jobs can mostly be broken down into the following daily duties for each roll:
Kitchen assistant/ prep chef £20-23k depending on experience
- Following daily prep list and cooking of dishes
- Packing of hampers leaving throughout the day
- Ensuring correct menus packed for dietary requirements
- Managing solo and joint early shifts (6.30am twice a week) and set up of kitchen
- Assisting the kitchen manager in monitoring hygiene and HACCP principles to maintain and live up to our 5* rating.
- Assisting in clear down
- Pro-actively learning skills from other members of the team and being able to take on other roles duties when necessary.
Key skills we are looking for;
- A good knowledge and understanding of flavour
- Hunger for knowledge and general excitement of seasonal dishes
- Previous experience in a catering environment
- Ability to move and work efficiently and neatly
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of HACCP principles and recent level 2 food hygiene certificate
- A GSOH
Kitchen Manager & Head Chef £25-27k depending on experience
- Leading the morning briefing informing the team of all allergies & special requirements for the day ahead and delegating jobs out to the team
- Cooking preparing & packing picnic hampers and shoot menus daily, while monitoring the kitchens progress and ensuring all staff are working to correct timings.
- Putting forward new menus and hamper ideas
- Creating daily prep lists & schedules
- Working with our CEO Sophie to plan menus for shoot lunches & new hampers
- Assist in managing suppliers & ordering of food, packaging & other items needs for the kitchen
- Working with ops to maintain stock level for beverages
- Assisting on event set ups
- Monitoring food hygiene within the kitchen and ensuring a high level of cleanliness is maintained - we are 5* rated and want to keep it this way!
- Communicating any issues within the team to Management
- Provide encouragement to team members, including communicating team goals and identifying areas for new training or skill checks
- Answer team member questions, help with team member problems, and oversee team member work for quality and guideline compliance
- Assist management with training
- Help in the Development for new opportunities for Pique such as cooking classes & product development
- Assist in the relocation & planning of our new kitchen!
Key skills we're looking for;
- Ability and confidence to manage and lead a small team
- A natural kitchen creativity and excitement of seasonal food
- Strong knowledge and understanding of cooking techniques and flavour
- Level 2 food hygiene (less than 3 years old, we will pay for a renewal if not) and strong knowledge of HACCP principles.
- Good arithmetic skills (comes in handy for the prep lists)
- A positive mental attitude, ability to roll with the punches and keep morale up within the team at busy times!